We are currently recruiting for a Qualified Motor Technician to join our team. This role will operate from our Mahonpoint dealership, which is home to the franchises Seat, Honda and Peugeot.
Johnson & Perrott Motor Group have recently been announced, for the 6th consecutive year, as one of Deloitte Best Managed Companies for 2019. Along with this we have been recognised by Great Place to Work ® Institute Ireland as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland in 2019.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure full understanding of latest technology introduced on the vehicle range and how to diagnose and repair faults on them.
- Carry out diagnosis, repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification and to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- To work to meet the efficiency standards on the aftersales department.
- Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with warranty and dealer requirements.
- Work with other workshop and dealership colleagues to provide excellent customer service and to share best practice.
- Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of tools.
- To communicate with the Parts department to obtain parts needed.
- To perform vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- To notify Service Advisors immediately if additional work is required, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- To save and tag any parts if the job is under warranty.
What are we looking for?
- You will be a qualified Motor Vehicle Technician, with experience on modern vehicle electronics.
- You will have a desire to train and develop to become a Master Diagnostic Technician .
- You will be organised, flexible and prepared to work as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and customers.
- You will have strong problem-solving skills and a strong customer- focussed approach.
- You will be diligent and work well under pressure.
- You will have experience in working to high standards of Health and Safety procedures.
- You are required to have a full clean drivers licence.
- Fluent English
- Be able to work to high standards and be highly motivated to learn.
- You will be professional and maintain a high standard of personal presentation.
- Previous experience with our franchise is an advantage but not a requirement.
If you are interested in joining our growing team please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com