We are currently recruiting for a Motor Technician to join our team. This role will operate from our Volvo Dealership based in Bishopstown Cork.
Founded in 1810, Johnson and Perrott Motor Group is one of Ireland's leading motor retailers. We have interests in Vehicle Hire, Motor Dealerships and Fleet Management. The Group has four Dealerships in Cork and 10 leading car franchies: CUPRA, Honda, Jaguar, KIA, Land Rover, MG, Opel, Peugeot, SEAT and Volvo, including the Opel & Peugeot commercial franchises. Additionally, the Douglas Road dealership is home to an extensive CSS approved Bodyshop and an authorised aftercare centre for Mercedes small commercials.
Johnson & Perrott Motor Group have recently been announced, for the 8th consecutive year, as one of Deloitte Best Managed Companies for 2021. Along with this we have been recognised by Great Place to Work ® Institute Ireland as one of the Best Medium Workplaces in Ireland in 2021.
About the Role
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure full understanding of latest technology introduced on the vehicle range and how to diagnose and repair faults on them.
- Carry out diagnosis, repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification and to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- To work to meet the efficiency standards on the aftersales department.
- Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with warranty and dealer requirements.
- Work with other workshop and dealership colleagues to provide excellent customer service and to share best practice.
- Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of tools.
- To communicate with the Parts department to obtain parts needed.
- To perform vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- To notify Service Advisors immediately if additional work is required, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- To save and tag any parts if the job is under warranty.
- You will be a qualified Motor Technician, with experience on modern vehicle electronics.
- You will have a desire to train and develop into a Master Technician.
- You will be organised, flexible and prepared to work as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and customers.
- You will have strong problem-solving skills and a strong customer- focused approach.
- You will be diligent and work well under pressure.
- You will have experience in working to high standards of Health and Safety procedures.
- You are required to have a full clean drivers licence.
- Fluent English
- Be able to work to high standards and be highly motivated to learn.
- You will be professional and maintain a high standard of personal presentation.
- Previous experience with our franchise is an advantage but not a requirement.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work in one of Ireland’s leading motor groups while also building a network of professional contacts across our motor dealerships, commercial vehicle hire and leasing businesses.
- A competitive package is available, with access to a pension scheme once eligible.
- Discounted Healthcare Policies.
- Sales & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking
- The chance to join a long running family owned business who are dedicated to building a long term sustainable and exciting future for our staff.
- Opportunity to participate in our company’s Wellness initiatives which run at various times throughout the year. Examples of initiatives include Sailing events, Onsite Medicals, Flu Vaccinations and inter site competitions and leagues.
- One to ones with your manager to ensure continued growth and development.
To apply please send you CV to HR@jpmg.ie